Monday, December 5, 2011

R.I.P. Dane Searls

Too much of this has been happening lately, it's truly sad. Way too young and talented to leave us this early. I met Dane over the summer of 2007, there was a big session going down at Solame right around the Portland Dew Tour time that summer. I remember seeing him ride before I had the chance to introduce myself. His presence stood out strongly, he was ripping all the lines, throwing down big moves, going insanely high and whipping it beyond sideways while wearing a pair of board shorts.

Dane spent a lot of time in the northwest over the course of the next few summers. A psyched Aussie, who couldn't get enough of the northwest trails. His demeanor was humble and relaxed. A young man who was pushing bmx trail riding to new levels, he was not afraid. Dane you be remembered forever in the northwest, i'm glad I had the chance to ride and hang with you while you were in the states. For wherever your spirit is now, i'm sure your facing challenges and obstacles without fear or hesitation. RIP warrior...


Dane's Giants of Dirt



Dane @ Kill the Line

No comments:

Post a Comment